Purpose and Goals
- Evaluate and compare the durability of multiple textiles in laboratory-controlled washing.
- Home Laundering
- Automatic machine laundering cycles will be performed according to the American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists’ standard laundering procedure AATCC LP1 for home washes unless otherwise requested.
- Please refer to the standard terminology in LP1 to ensure accurate communication of the specific desired volume/temperature/speed/timing for washing and drying steps.
- If multiple textiles are submitted, please specify whether they should be laundered separately from each other (each with separate ballasts) for an additional fee.
- Please note: upon request, these tests can include documentation, auditing, and archiving for an additional fee, but are not eligible for GLP compliance due to the off-site location of the Testing Facility.
- Data will be analyzed to determine the consistency between replicate textile swatches.
- Data will be analyzed to determine the differences between each set of laundered material compared to the original state material control at each wash interval (such as every 10 cycles).